The Parlour was the "best" room in the House and used for entertaining (viewing of scrapbooks, poetry readings, acting games, singing around the piano, etc. were popular pastimes during this period). Like the Front Entrance hall, the Parlour matched the cedar paneling and turquoise wall colouring and layers of paint were painstakingly removed during the restoration process. The octagonal shape results in outstanding acoustics.
This room, as well as the other restored rooms, is furnished with items in keeping with the period 1893 to 1925.
The mahogany sheet music cabinet and the spelter lamp on the piano were Roedde family possessions. The other furnishings were purchased, donated or are on loan.
- Late 19thC French curio cabinet – features changing displays illustrating Vancouver's past
- Cedar fireplace surround and mantel – a remnant from an early house in Vancouver's Fairview Slopes. The hearth tiles are original to Roedde House. The small coal fire helped warm the Parlour
- The Stereopticon photo card viewer – flat images become three dimensional when viewed
- The Steinway upright grand piano, circa 1890 – of concert caliber, this piano stands exactly where once stood the Roedde's piano, and is used regularly for concerts
- Craftsmanship in the coffered ceiling and wainscoting